Skin Cancer Forum
Skin Cancer Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Skin Cancer Forums at Topicalinfo.org
 Skin cancer topical treatments
 Topical Vitamin C
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Mexico

55 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  12:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was researching the use of topical vitamin C and found this interesting text at http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer02/VitaminC.html

Vitamin C Treatment

When Vitamin C comes into contact with a skin cancer or external tumor (e.g. basel cell carcinoma), it hardens the tumor and forms a crust, such that the scab falls off in 2 weeks or so depending on how big the tumor is and how aggressive you get with the Vitamin C.

The solution is made by adding 1/8 tsp (teaspoon) of pure Vitamin C crystals to 1 tsp of water (a ratio of 1:8). Add any more and the Vitamin C won't dissolve. This should make enough solution to last all day. If more is made than is needed you should store it in a closed container in the refrigerator.

Even better, put 1 or 2 ounces of water (30-60 ml) in a small glass bottle and add 1 tsp of Vitamin C for each ounce of water (that is a 1:6 ratio). If after mixing you don't see any crystals on the bottom then add more Vitamin C until the water won't dissolve anymore. This insures a saturated solution of Vitamin C.

The treatment is to apply the mixture (using a cotton swab or Q-Tip) to the tumor. This should be done 2 or 3 times a day. It is best to put a bandage or other cotton covering over the tumor after each treatment, if possible.

On the skin cancer the bandage is just to keep the lesion wet with Vitamin C until the next treatment. If there is an infection you should change the bandage more often. Ascorbate is also anti-infective and is used topically and IV for burn patients. You would therefore be curing the cancer and infection at the same time.

fforest

103 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  15:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not know if any one has tried applying highly concentrated vit-c water to a raw cancer site..In my experince I can say the pain is unbearable...
Go to Top of Page

ardenlester00

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  11:12:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My cat has skin cancer under his eye. It is past what the vet can do except more cautizing (burning off cancer eruptions)

I have been making a paste from green tea extract mixed with triple antibiotics and sterile water and applying the paste to the silver dollar size affected area. It seems to be soothing to him, looks much, much "nicer" than the open wound - and seems to be slowing down the growth.

The cancer itself only "seeps" and doesn't crust or scab (only slight crust at times. He is not in any seeming pain, has been eating (and hunting - tho' first operation at vets made him blind)

I wanted to mix in Vitamin C with the "paste" I apply daily or twice a day - but the hurts intently comment scares me.

Can anyone elaborate on that? He is not hurting - but will die eventually from this, I'm sure. He is my "buddy" for 12 years so I want to prolong his life if it is still quality life and no pain.

Friend,

Dennis
Go to Top of Page

ardenlester00

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  11:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My cat has skin cancer under his eye. It is past what the vet can do except more cautizing (burning off cancer eruptions)

I have been making a paste from green tea extract mixed with triple antibiotics and sterile water and applying the paste to the silver dollar size affected area. It seems to be soothing to him, looks much, much "nicer" than the open wound - and seems to be slowing down the growth.

The cancer itself only "seeps" and doesn't crust or scab (only slight crust at times. He is not in any seeming pain, has been eating (and hunting - tho' first operation at vets made him blind)

I wanted to mix in Vitamin C with the "paste" I apply daily or twice a day - but the hurts intently comment scares me.

Can anyone elaborate on that? He is not hurting - but will die eventually from this, I'm sure. He is my "buddy" for 12 years so I want to prolong his life if it is still quality life and no pain.

Friend,

Dennis
Go to Top of Page

fforest

103 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  18:09:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know people all get a warm and fuzzy feeling when they think of vitamin-C...
A little vitamin-C water on a problem spot if its not to strong sure cant hurt any thing and it may help ....

If you make your mix as stong as you can in order to kill a BCC or some other nasty thing this is a whole different ball game....

A highly concentrated vitamin-C mix is so ascitic it will burn your skin like a acid..Healthy skin and bad..If you put it on a open sore the pain is quite bad... I burned the *rap out of my skin with this..My skin healed just fine but its not some thing I want to do again...

Edited by - fforest on 09/30/2007 22:04:05
Go to Top of Page

simple_me

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  15:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I too try highly concentrated vitamin C on my cancer site. Burned badly! I couldn't take the pain, had to cleanse it right away! Just posting my experience for others. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

drbeckl2

96 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2007 :  11:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello;
Here is skin cancer formula using Vitamin C, and the protocol on how to use it:

quote:

http://www.cancervictors.net/resources/news.asp?filteryear=2007&filtermonth=11
November 10, 2007
Topical Vitamin C Stops Basal Cell Carcinoma

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, November 9, 2007
Topical Vitamin C Stops Basal Cell Carcinoma(OMNS Nov 9 2007)

The most common form of skin cancer, basal cell carcinoma, often
responds to a remarkably simple, safe, at-home treatment: vitamin C.
Physicians and patients report that vitamin C, applied directly to
basal cell skin cancers, causes them to scab over and drop off. [1]

Successful use involves a highly-concentrated vitamin C solution,
directly applied to the blemish two or three times a day. Vitamin C is
selectively toxic to cancer cells, but does not harm healthy skin
cells. This is also the basis for high-dose intravenous vitamin
therapy for cancer. [2]

Even higher concentrations of vitamin C can be obtained by direct application.

The use of topical vitamin C to kill basal cell carcinoma has been known at least since 1971. Frederick R.Klenner, MD, wrote: "We have removed several small basal cell
epithelioma with a 30 percent ointment" of vitamin C. [3]

One person, who reported that a 2mm diameter spot on the nose would not heal for months, had it disappear within a week with twice-daily concentrated vitamin C applications. Another patient reported that after dermatologist- diagnosed multiple spots of basal cell carcinoma were coated with vitamin C, the spots fell off within two weeks. [4]

Basal cell carcinomas are slow growing and it is rare for them to metastasize. This provides an opportunity for a therapeutic trial of vitamin C, provided one has proper medical diagnosis and follow-up.

Preparation of a water-saturated vitamin C solution is simple.
Slowly add a small amount of water to about half a teaspoon of vitamin
C powder or crystals. Use just enough water to dissolve the vitamin
C. Using less water will make a paste. Either way, application with
the fingertip or a cotton swab, several times daily, is easy. The
water will evaporate in a few minutes and leave a plainly visible coat
of vitamin C crystals on the skin.

Consult your doctor before employing this or any other self-care treatment. A physician's diagnosis is especially important, since other forms of skin cancer, such as melanoma, are faster growing and more dangerous. If the vitamin C treated area is not improved after a few weeks, a doctor should be consulted once again.

References:
[1] William Wassell, MD:
Skin cancer and vitamin C. Cancer
Tutor,http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer02/VitaminC.html

[2]Riordan NH, Riordan HD, Meng X, Li Y, Jackson JA: Intravenous ascorbate as a tumor cytotoxic chemotherapeutic agent. Med Hypotheses1995; 44: 207-2 13. http://www.brightspot.org/cresearch/intravenousc2.shtml
and http://www.seanet.com/~alexs/ascorbate/199x/riordan-nh-etal-med_hypotheses_1995-v44-p207.htm and also
http://www.doctoryourself.com/riordan1.html

[3]Fredrick R. Klenner,MD: Observations on the dose and administration of ascorbic acid when employed beyond the range of a vitamin in human pathology. Journal of Applied Nutrition Vol. 23, Nos3 & 4, Winter 1971.
http://yost.com/health/klenner/klenner-1971.pdf and
http://www.doctoryourself.com/klennerpaper.html

[4]Age spots, basal cell carcinoma and solar
keratosis.http://www.doctoryourself.com/news/v5n9.txt

Nutritional
Medicine is Orthomolecular Medicine Orthomolecular medicine uses
safe, effective nutritional therapy to fight illness. For more
information: http://www.orthomolecular.org

The peer-reviewed
Orthomolecular Medicine News Service is a non-profit and non-
commercial informational resource. Editorial Review Board: Carolyn
Dean, M.D., N.D.Damien Downing, M.D.Harold D. Foster, Ph.D.Steve
Hickey, Ph.D.Abram Hoffer, M.D., Ph.D.Erik Paterson, M.D.Thomas Levy,
M.D., J.D.Bradford Weeks, M.D. Andrew W. Saul, Ph.D., Editor and
contact person. Email:omns@orthomolecular.org

Go to Top of Page

Vybes

3 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  17:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was recently diagnosed with Superficial Basal Cell Carcinoma on my rightside forehead just at the hairline...my dermatoligist was away for the holidays and so I decided to take the opportunity to try a home remedy during the interim...I purchased powdered Vit.C (ascorbic acid) and followed the procedure as described above...

Upon initially applying the Vit.C paste to the area, I was impressed how quickly it reacted, immediately defining the healthy tissue from the basal inflicted area...there is no visible lesion, so I just spread the paste over a broader area to ensure coverage...the burning sensation was enough to get my attention, but certainly not unbearable...periodically I dabbed moisture on the paste to re-wet it and keep it active...swelling in the immediate area was quite obvious...

After the first session (I reapplied the paste a few times over a 3 hour period in the evening), the affected area was larger than I expected and it was now reddened and slightly recessed as though some skin was removed...I applied pure aloe vera gel to soothe the area...

...the second night I followed the same procedure...this time the burning was just a bit more intense (like putting alcohol on an open wound) but still bearable...after about an hour, I noticed the area was turning grayish-black...I rinsed it off and most of the gray/black was washed off leaving freshly exposed pink skin below...I reapplied the paste 2 or 3 times, and each time the grayish-black color returned...it seemed as though it was oxidized skin which washed away fairly easily...the area was now more reddened and so I applied some antibiotic ointment and later some more aloe to calm the reddening...swelling was less than the previous night...

...by the third night of applications, I noticed the area that was reacting to the paste was getting a bit smaller...the outer perimeter of skin was returning to normal skin color and the center of the area continued the "grayish" response to each application...it also appeared that the area was a bit more recessed as though more skin had been removed...once allowed to dry, the area began to dry out and form a thin scab...I decided to skip a day and see how it healed...the swelling again was less than the night before...

...on the fifth day, after a shower I noticed the area was a bit more pink and I decided to reapply the paste again...this time the area that reacted was again smaller and the reactions were less intense...still a bearable burning sensation, but more restrained than before...after multiple applications on this day alternated with aloe vera to soothe, the area was now taking on a white-ish tone and swelling was minor at best...I allowed it to dry out and a thin scab-like covering became apparent...the area was taking on the look of a healing wound now...that is as far as I have gotten, but I believe the results so far are promising...

...each day that I apply the Vit.C paste, the area of reaction is a bit smaller and the reaction is less intense...I'm very impressed with how the paste only reacts within the area of the shrinking wound, and the outlining areas are not at all affected...the ascorbic acid really seems to go right to the root of the problem...knowing that ascorbic acid is used topically in the treatment of severe burns gives me the confidence to continue this process...I will update my results as they progress...I have a scheduled consultation with a cosmetic surgeon (in about a week from now) at the recommendation of my dermatologist, but I'm not convinced that that's the best option...

Edited by - Vybes on 01/07/2008 17:18:58
Go to Top of Page

anivoc

527 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  02:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome ! Keep us posted!
Go to Top of Page

Vybes

3 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  16:42:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...OK...2 days later and I have become more selective in where I apply the Vit.C paste...there is now about a 1/4" perimeter of fresh pink skin around the wound...the center is a grayish-beige color which I am presuming is dead tissue...I don't want to apply the paste to the fresh skin because although the Vit.C doesn't react to healthy tissue, the area is tender and I want to give it a day or two to continue to heal...I will then focus on applying the paste to the center area which still looks as though it isn't fully treated yet...the concentration of Basal Cell seems to be in this center tissue (a lttle less than a 1/2" in diameter)...again, the progress is quite noticeable and I am committed to continue this process until I go to see the surgeon next week...in the meantime I am applying antibiotic ointment to aid in the healing of the fresh tissue...

Edited by - Vybes on 01/09/2008 16:44:41
Go to Top of Page

meg101

1 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  21:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What Vitamin C product are you using?
Go to Top of Page

Vybes

3 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2008 :  18:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK...obviously it's been almost a month since I last posted (I never did bother to see the plastic surgeon, and thankfully so)...I don't have ample time right now to go into to detail, but I will say that I continued my routine for a total of 3 weeks and then decided to allow for the healing process to begin...

...it's now been about 2 weeks of "healing" and there's major improvement...what was once easily the size of a quarter is now about half the size of a dime and continuing to heal...the area no longer responds to the Vit. C paste, as all the superficial basal appears to have been destroyed (I will be going back to the Dermatologist for a follow-up exam as soon as the wound is completely healed)...

...I used essentially 3 products:

1. GNC Vitamin C Crystals with Rose Hips (Ascorbic Acid) 8oz. Jar
2. a generic bottle of clear Aloe Vera Gel (Walgreens)
3. a generic triple-antibiotic ointment (Walgreens)

...I will log in again when I have ample time to wrap-up and go into further detail as to my exact routine (basically described above) and the time frame involved...

...suffice to say, the results appear to be very promising...

Edited by - Vybes on 02/06/2008 18:51:12
Go to Top of Page

krissy

45 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2008 :  12:50:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!

I too have been useing the vitamin C therapy for a bump on my nose. It's been about 3 days and the bump is shrinking.

Vitamin C kills mold, and parasites.

Refer to Hulda Clark Ph.D.,DN.D; A Cure For All Diseases-www.newcenturypress.com
Go to Top of Page

Luxy

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2009 :  15:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On using vitamin C on skin cancers:

I have been using Vitamin C on my facial BCC's. At first I just rubbed a wet vitamin C tablet on the lesions. When dry, the lesions were completely covered in the white dust of the C tablet. About three or four times a day, I put water on my finger and dabbed the white dust to wet it again and make it active. If I didn't feel a little sting, I rubbed the wet C around, working it into the lesion. Once I could feel a sting, I assumed that it was working, and let it alone to dry. Each morning, I washed everything off, and re-applied a new dose of vitamin C.

After two days, the lesions began to get hard, and formed a crust (but not yet a scab). I decided to try a more intensive approach, and on one site (the biggest lesion - between the size of a nickel and a quarter, located near the hinge joint of my left jaw) I wet a vitamin C tablet, rubbed the site with it, and then bandaided it into place, tightly up against the lesion. I kept it wet by either dripping water onto the tablet inside the bandaid, or spraying it with a colloidal silver spray. Again, after each wetting, I rubbed the wet vitamin C tablet (inside the bandaid) against the lesion until it stung.

On the other sites, I continued to just rub a vitamin C tablet on them, as before. These are just normal drugstore 500 mg vitamin C tablets.

The next day I could feel something more happening under the bandaid. There was more of a crust, and it was turning into a scab. It felt like it was burning into my flesh. I left the bandaid on, and the same tablet in place. By the next morning there was a definite scab. Throughout the day, I re-wet the tablet under the bandaid, and also rubbed the non-bandaided spots, as before.

By comparing what was happening to the non-bandaided spots to the one under the bandaid, it was clear that more progress was being made by keeping the wet tablet right against the lesion. I now had a raised dried blood scab the same size as the original lesion, under the bandaid, while the non-bandaided spots were still slowly forming a crust. I admit that there was more pain under the bandaid, as the vitamin C ate away the lesion, than there was on the other spots. But it was not unbearable, and I was happy to have such a quick response.

Once the scab was a good thick dried-blood crust, with a flat rim of hard pink swelling around the perimeter (three days under the bandaid - with two days prior to that just being rubbed with a vitamin C tablet, and re-wet several times a day...five days in all) I took the bandaid off, washed the site, applied lavender essential oil to the spot, and left it alone. By the next morning, the pink hard swelling had softened, and by that evening the scab's edges had begun to flake off a little. It is now two days later, and there is no swelling at all, the scab is reduced by half and appears to be healing like any normal wound. There is no stinging tenderness there at all when I rub my finger across the site, like there was before I started this whole process.

Tomorrow I see my doctor and will be interested to have his take on the process. I am curious to know if I got it all.

Note: I also am taking 1,000 mg of vitamin C 3 times a day, and sometimes 4 times a day, along with an alkalinizing diet, heavy on greens.
Go to Top of Page

PHK

3 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  19:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Vybe is still out there, would be curious to hear how things turned out with the Vitamin C therapy.

I just started reading this forum yesterday, dealing with a BCC issue right now and searching for information, and so much good stuff is here that I am taking a serious look at.

One theme I do seem to notice from many threads are people trying a therapy and reporting on their progress...and then not reporting the final results. I imagine in some cases...they aren't successful and succumb to the knife, and therefore don't have any interest in coming back here. Or perhaps (and I hope!) where successful and without malice, left this site behind. Though I'd like to think that success stories would be something they would want to share...so I really wonder how many really just aren't successful and they wind up going with traditional medicine.

Just food for thought. I read threads that are encouraging, but wind up leaving the outcome unknown.

I am just getting started and hope I can make some contribution here as I go through this process...but to start out will probably just ask questions.

Thanks to all.
Go to Top of Page

PHK

3 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  19:51:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luxy, I look forward to hearing how you make out.

One question I have for you and others...there seems to be a consensus that because there is stinging and scabbing, that it's "the cancer getting killed."

Are there any thoughts that these reactions to some of these therapies...vinegar, vitamin c, eggplant, etc...is due to the acidic or other effects on lesions, and causing removal and scabbing and eventual healing of the top layer of skin...but the cancer is still there in the basal layer?

I have a lot of reading to do here, but are there any threads anyone is aware of where the writer tried a topical therapy, got results, and a subsequent clean bill of health at the end, and/or at least no visible evidence of cancer many months later?

For instance, I have used efudex, and all appeared well after the site healed...but invevitably the lesion returned albeit many months later.

Thanks to all.
Go to Top of Page

Baileyone

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  22:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to share some of my experience. BCC on my right temple had grown to about 3/4 of an inch long with a ragged outline. It also had become black. I decided to look for alternative measures to treat it. I purchased a bottle of Vit - C (1000 mg tablets). I crushed them and blended up a rather watery mix. After a few days I could see very promising action taking place. The black was gone and the area had been reduced. After a few more days I added more powder and made the mixture much more potent. The area started to sting and burn for a few minutes after I applied the mixture. After two weeks the area was about a 3rd of the original size. I now am letting it rest. It has been 4 days and the area has scabed over. I expect it to fall off sometime next week. I will keep everyone posted. My co-workers and family are amazed with the results. I do have an appointment with a skin specialist in Oct.
Go to Top of Page

Baileyone

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  19:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings from CT... It has been (1)week and 3 days since I stoppped using the Vit. C paste. The area is absolutely clean. There is no build up under the skin. I only have a slight pink color where the BCC was growing. Looking back you can determine when its time to stop treatment and let it heal when the burning and stinging becomes intense. I believe that when the BCC cells are gone, your healthy cells are what is reacting to the paste. I should also add that during the (2) week treatment period I started a fasting program. I would fast for 12 - 16 hours each day. Sounds... a little over the top perhaps, but I could feel a overall change in my body's ability to help with the healing process. EG... If I had a snack around 8PM then I would not have anything until 12 noon the next day. Tom
Go to Top of Page

dan

571 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  00:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom, thanks for sharing your good results with vitamin C paste. Hopefully the healing will continue. I think I understand the ending criteria but it doesn't seem like there would be a clear enough signal for me. But I guess you could perhaps alternate rest and treatments for a while just to be sure it is gone. Also, have you applied the vitamin C paste for 2 weeks total so far?

Interesting about the daily fasting helping the healing process. There could be lots of reasons for this. Fasting reduces levels of blood sugars that feed cancers. Daily fasting also lets your pancreas supply more systemic enzymes that I think are the body's front line defense against cancers, instead of these enzymes being devoted to digestion. Less time to eat food results in less body fat and that means lower levels of free estrogens to fuel cancer growth.

Anyway, we really appreciate your posts and I am sure they will help others. Please let us know how it goes from here.
Go to Top of Page

Baileyone

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  22:03:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings from CT. Coming up on 3 weeks and no sign of any return or other issues. Thank you Dan for your comments. Looking back I actually treated (2) problems in the same area. I had a classis BCC nodule with a dimple and a raised Actinic Keratose area next to it. I treated both areas at the same time. The KC cleared up first, but the BCC took about a week longer to dry up and fall off. Both were growing at the time I began the treatment. I can't tell you how excited I was to watch both disapear. There is no doubt that this approach works. The healthy cells around both spots suffered absolutely no impact from the treatment. People who had seen it stop and just can't believe the change. I will keep up my comments and I hope that things do not change... Feel free to email me... Tom
Go to Top of Page

Baileyone

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  22:40:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am in a sharing mood. So here is my approach. Each day I would get home about 5:00 PM. I would applied the mixture and let it dry. After an hour I would wash it off and reapply. I would do this all evening until bed time. The last application stayed on all night. During the day I allowed it to stay dry. This was to avoid having to explain the white paste on the side of my face... Friends were already familar with the growth. (2) weeks does not seem very long for the process to be complete, but that was it. I stopped and the area continued to disapear. I should explain that about (5) years ago I had what I will call a sunburst removed. The Dr. said it might grow back bigger etc. What actually grew back was the BCC and AK. I absolutely recommend this approach. Just try it. Play with the mixture until you get the desired results. I wish I had taken some pictures. One day I had a black raised Actinic Keratose 3/4 inch long with a ragged edge, and below it a round BCC with a dimple in it. After (2) weeks both were gone. The area under the BCC has normal color and texture. The skin under the AK area has a slight pick tint to it. Similar to a healed scar. Friends stop me and ask who the doctor is that treated me, because it looks that good.
Thank you for reading my information... Tom
Go to Top of Page

Shafah

9 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2009 :  02:06:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to thank everyone for sharing their experiences with the Vitamin C treatment. I really like this approach and I will start it on my BCC on my chest. Also, is it recommended and advisable to do the Vitamin C treatment on more than one location at the same time? I feel that there are some smaller ones on other areas of my chest as well as some on my back left shoulder.

Any feedback from personal experiences would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

justthisonce

1 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2011 :  03:36:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been a year since I used the information on this site to clear up the Basal cell carcinoma on my cheek.
Having left it for over a year, far too long, thinking that perhaps it was an insect bite or something similar, I eventually had to admit that it was an issue. It was diagnosed as a Bcc but I was scheduled for treatment for 6 months in the future.
In the mean time, having read about Vitamin C, I gave it a go. I used a paste made from pure ascorbic acid and a few drops of water.
It got to work immediately and within a fortnight the ulcerous scab was gone and the 1 centimeter crater was beginning to heal. Within 2 months it was clear that the cancer had lost the battle.
I have waited until the specialists have had a look and even taken a biopsy before making this post.
I am currently clear of the lesion, it was apparently defeated by nothing more than daily treatment with vitamin C paste.
Thanks for the information at this site, I am pleased to report my own experience and hope that it will help anyone finding themselves in a similar situation.
Go to Top of Page

johnnyboy11

2 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  16:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my first post to this forum...my story is not new here. Dermotologist confirmed BCC on the tip and bridge of my nose 2 weeks ago. He informed me that Mohs surgery would remove all of the BCC and that a plastic surgeon could repair the damage. After meeting with the plastic surgeon the ugly truth was revealed....very likely a forhead flap that folded over my entire nose for a month followed by at least 2 maybe 3 more surgeries to get it to look right. The plastic surgeon told me that if it were his nose he would look at alternatives. First alternative is electron beam radiation therapy, that Dr. said that he could kill all of the BCC with 90% or better success and with very good cosmetic results. In the meantime I've read the forum on Vitamin C paste and tried it on the nodular BCC on the bridge of my nose. I am amazed at the reuslts thus far (8 days). The C paste seems to eat away at the cancer and leave the healthy skin unharmed. The BCC on the bridge has gone from size of a pencil eraser protruding from my nose to a rather messy scabbed patch that is now flat and even with the profile of my nose. My question now is...how do I know when to stop applying the vitamin C paste and let this heal. My assumption is that if Vitamin C does not harm healthy skins cells that I'll be complete when the "etching" of the area stops. Any input form those here would be appreciated.
Best Regards......................
Go to Top of Page

waverider

50 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  17:47:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JB11:
Vitamin C is so benign to non-cancerous cells that I think there's no downside to using it as long as you feel like it. I used it successfully on bridge of the nose, also, during a time of the year when I couldn't grow petty spurge, which I consider to be the definitive remedy. I went with keeping the Vitamin C solution in a liquid state (vs. a paste) + used it in conjunction with DMSO for better absorbing.
As far as the "when to stop" question, that's a big question mark around here for almost all treatments. Lots of varying opinions. One thing you might use the search function for are the posts by Dan, the founder of this forum, on the topic of "orange oil." It has some good reports as a treatment but, even more interesting, it seems to act as a reliable indicator for the presence of BCC. You can put orange oil on a gaping cut or other skin abrasion and you won't feel a thing. Apply a few drops anywhere there are abnormal cells like basal cell skin cancer, however, and after a few minutes you feel a noticeable stinging that lasts about 20 minutes. It penetrates very deep, too. Therefore it might be used as a tool after treatment to determine if you've wiped out all the BCC. Theoretically, no sting = no cancer. This may or may not be 100% and no scientific tests that I'm aware of have ever been done to confirm this. (I'm sure a dermatologist would boot you out of the office for even asking about it!) So do your own research + draw your own conclusions. As for me, if I don't feel any sting response with orange oil after a course of treatment using Vitamin C or petty spurge, I'm inclined to say "finished" and just let it heal up. You can always hit it again if it recurs. Orange oil is available at health food stores or at places like Whole Foods Market in little bottles for about $3.00. I think Dan mentions some other sources or commercial products that contain it, too.
Go to Top of Page

johnnyboy11

2 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2011 :  18:47:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Waverider...thanks much, I'll try the orange oil as an indicator for other BCCs. I think I may go antoher 2 or 3 days and post the results of the Vitamin C paste...maybe I can help break some ground as far as a determination of when to stop applying the C and calling the BCC dead. Thanks for your reply its most appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Khbsrt

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  14:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have used the vit c paste for 5 days now. it makes a gooey scab, then i wash it off and apply the vit c paste again. then repeat. no

Image Insert:

1.64 KB change though in the appearance or the size of the bcc crater shrinking. a few days back i started putting apple cider vinegar on my bcc. the reaction was a lot stronger with more intense pain but i hung in there applying it 3 to 4 times a day. i'm giving this sore a rest for a few days and see if this scab does come off by itself instead of my taking it off...
Go to Top of Page

waverider

50 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2011 :  21:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I think there's a point where you need to back off. Let the smoke clear, the dust settle, etc and see what you've got after it heals up. Ascorbic acid is an irritant and will sting on even non-malignant sites like paper cuts, etc. It might be keeping it from healing. You may have already knocked out some/all of the BCC without yet knowing it because the high-potency vit C is keeping it in the raw, open wound state. I can't speak for apple cider vinegar but I know there's sound research about the effectiveness of topical vit C against skin cancer cells. This is the planting/growing season for petty spurge -- which I and many consider the gold standard for natural BCC treatment -- so if you've bought yourself some time with the vit C you might consider acquiring some seeds and growing some for the full knockout. Just my 2 cents. Not a MD.

Edited by - waverider on 11/02/2011 21:58:18
Go to Top of Page

lisaca99

2 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2012 :  19:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm new to posting, this site is really interesting. Thanks so much for posting your experiences.

I have been using a DMSO/sodium C/aloe plant mixture on a closed BCC on my nose for 9 days. Things began scary as the area swelled up like a balloon initially,(size of a quarter) , has since opened up in several places and has decreased the entire mass by 50%.
At night I am covering it with aloe and sometimes making a C/water paste to apply to it. It seems like things are going fairly well, not any terrible pain. I'm applying the mixture daily for 8-10 hours a day.
Also, taking 12 grams of C orally, with fish oil and eating no sugar,dairy,or meat.
I would like to ask someone on this board, if it is a good idea to debride the wound? Basically I moisten the scabs and then rub them off until they are open again, then put more of the mixture onto it.
Or should I just let them scab over?
Go to Top of Page

husky

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2012 :  20:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi I am new to this forum. The past summer I notice a raised lesion about the size of a pencil eraser on the middle of my forehead. I first thought that it was some kind of blemish so I let it go thinking it would resolve on its own. About 6 months later it was still there. About 2 months ago I went to see a dermatologist and she said it was basal cell carcinoma and needed to take a biopsy I was not too happy to hear that I would have to go under a knife. I did some research on basal cell and found that vitamin C was effective. So I bought the Vitamin C and followed the procedure on how to apply. I first used water base with vitamin C and applied a wet solution under a band aid the first day and did that a few times in 1 day. Before I took a bath I took the band aid off and noticed a more pronounced redness there was some sting to it. Th second day I gently rubbed a wet tablet on the lesion & 5 minuted latter I noticed a small black spot. Will the rest of the lesion blacken and do I need to continue the same re-applying till the entire lesion forms black scab and wait for it to fall off?
Go to Top of Page

busymom

14 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  15:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I am also new to this forum. I am sooo glad to find this website and all the info available. I've been reading for several days before even making this post.

My story is that a couple of years ago I had a "blemish" pop up on my forehead (just like Huskey mentioned). I thought it was a typical deep zit type of blemish and did not worry about it. However it never came to a head, nor did it disappear. It got a tiny bit larger as time as gone on and at times it would be a little reddish. It is not very big -- about half the size of a pencil eraser. I could feel that it was deeper than a regular blemish. I went for my annual checkup with my alternative care doc last month and I decided I would mention it to her. She pretty much immediately said it looked like SCC to her, but just to be sure she set up an appt. with a dermatologist for March 27. I have never been to a derm doc, but I already try to stay away from docs as much as possible anyway, so I figured they are no different.

So, all that to say that I've been researching what to do. I had previously tried coconut oil for extended periods of time, garlic oil and garlic taped to my forhead, ACV, fig stem sap (similar to how the petty spurge is described) and I had no results with any of these. I have a book called "Cancer - Step Outside the Box" and I was reading up on skin cancer when I saw that it mentioned the vit. c paste. So, that's how I ended up here and I'm so happy to read that others have had such good results.

I have read pretty much all 10 pages of the forum on petty spurge and have already sent an e-mail to my local county extension office about locating this plant. I live in Alabama and the map shows that it grows here, so hopefully I can find some locally. If not, I will order from Australia like everyone else has. I want this plant growing around my house all the time from now on, whether I have an active cancer or not. :-) Anyway, I, like Huskey and Lisa, am not sure whether to keep treating my spot or not. I had been treating it for about 3 days with 35% hydrogen peroxide and so the spot was already irritated. Then I did the vit. C paste and went to lay down for a nap (about 2 hrs). When I got up, there was a dark black spot in the middle of the treated area. I was so happy that something was happening so fast! I don't know if it reacted so quickly because I had already been treating it with the h202 or not. So, I washed it off and applied more. I did this a couple of more times before bedtime that night, then again the next day. The dark area was scabbing and I just put the vit. c paste on top of it and the surrounding perimeter. The perimeter was irritated and a little red and swollen, but it was not reacting like that center "core" part with the scab, which was the exact spot of the "blemish." It burned pretty intensly for a while each time I applied the paste, so I figured that was good -- no pain, no gain, right? So, now about 2 days later the scab is a little bigger and I've stopped putting anything on it. I wanted to try and pick the scab off like people mentioned on the petty spurge forum, but it is hard and thick and flat with my skin. It will not peel away. I soaked it down in coconut oil last night and put a bandaid on thinking it might help it come off, but no.

So, I am just wondering if I should just wait and let it heal up and see if the area is clear. I just want to do this right. I suppose I can always retreat it if it isn't gone, but I'd really rather do it right the first time around. Also, I have the Cancer Salve book and I have a friend that did the bloodroot thing a few years ago. Ingrid had told her that she needed to get it all the first time because once the area closed up and healed with scar tissue that the bloodroot would not go back down through the scar tissue. That kind of scares me because I sure don't want cancer cells hiding under scar tissue.

Okay, I'm done with my long-windedness! If anyone has any thoughts or experience with this vit. c info and the scab issue, I would really appreciate it.

Best to you all,
Karen
Go to Top of Page

husky

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2012 :  21:33:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After my last post I did reapply vitamin c paste 2 or 3x's a day for about 2-3 more days until it formed a scab which fall off, and left it alone for a while. Now what used to looked like a raised lesion (basal cell) on my forehead has now flattened and does not look as nearly as bad as before. There still is a small tiny scab in the middle of the basal cell, but in my opinion it looks better than it did before I used Vitamin c paste. The outer portion has a flesh color tone to it. Not perfect but better in appearance. I will post latter to see if more of it heals. P.S. I looked at it through a thick magnifying glass and it did get smaller...
Go to Top of Page

busymom

14 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  00:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am now on day eight since I first applied the vit. c paste to the bump on my forehead. I applied the mixture a few times a day for the first couple of days, then a rest day. A black spot appeared within a couple of hours after the very first application. I wasn't sure what to do after a scab formed, but I left it alone until it was ready to flake off -- that was on about day 4 or so. Then I applied more paste. Now most of the second scab has come off. There is a small scab in the center (just like Husky mentioned on his) and I am waiting for that to dry up enough to come off and then I will know for sure how it all turned out. But as best as I can tell, the bump is completely gone. When I rub my finger across the area it is totally smooth, except for the small scab that is almost not visible.

I am very impressed with how the vit. c worked. I have the appt. with my dermatologist on March 27th, so I will post back to inform of what he had to say. For anyone thinking of trying this, I say you've got a very good chance of eradicating your skin cancer. Just spend some time reading the information on this site and reading the forums of what people have tried and reported. Best wishes to everyone.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

busymom

14 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  00:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also wanted to report another bit of information about the vit. c paste. I had a diagnosed basal cell skin cancer on the back on my leg, almost behind my knee. It wasn't very big at all and my doc had said it was really nothing to worry about because it was very slow growing. I had tried coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, fig stem sap, all to no avail. So, when I was treating the bump on my forehead, I decided I might as well try it on my leg as well. So, I applied a little bit one day and left it. Then, the next day I applied some more. It never did sting at all, it never turned red, it never did anything. Those were the only two times I put the vit. c on it. Then, yesterday, I decided to check it and it felt smaller and also kind of hard. When I rubbed it with my finger, it fell off!! I still cannot believe it. Now all that's left is some roughness on my leg where is was. I will plan to treat the area again just to be sure it all goes away. I would say that is amazing results. Two random treatments and it falls off!! Vit. c is awesome. It's too bad the whole world doesn't know about this. I will be telling everyone I know.
Go to Top of Page

bonder

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  12:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHY VITAMIN C MAY NOT HAVE WORKED FOR EVERYONE YOU KNOW...

I thought it a good idea to share a bit why many people might give up on Ascorbic acid therapies etc.

Hyperglycemia has been shown to inhibit ASC transport.
This inhibition seems somewhat paradoxical given the evidence
suggesting that insulin promotes both ASC and dehydroascorbic
acid (DHA) uptake by cells. The inhibition of ASC
uptake by hyperglycemia was demonstrated in vitro in the
absence of insulin and may not, therefore, be important in
normal physiology. But, if a high plasma ASC in IDDM is
uncoupled from insulin replacement then the hyperglycemic
inhibition could have substantial implications for uptake.
Hyperglycemia is also known to enhance renal ASC losses

http://www.jacn.org/content/17/2/105.full.pdf

Many people won't pick up much vitamin C with their current body chemistry and this fellow in this video explains it a bit with low PH which once again speaks for a more alkaline body chemistry to fight any sort of cancer.

He also is a proponent of a (distilled water wash out) to get better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_3lHARRvbM&feature=related

Also, I thought it a good idea to incorporate what I decided to do over the decades as I take care of my personal Neuro-Problem and that is to learn from what experts (not connected with a group) had to say.

Here is a very good vid about the brain and nutrition (around an hour) which will give a pretty understandable report of how our inside chemicals work and in my opinion,one of the reasons why we need to keep replenishing vitamin C regardless if it comes from an orange or broccoli. Dr Blaylock is not an advocate of artificial sweeteners just like me and explains here how so many prisoners of today started out with bad nutrition.

Can you imagine looking back and discovering that all you needed to do was to say (no) to too much candy or sugar-free drinks to keep your kid out of the slammer ????

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2963728494205235281
http://www.rense.com/general92/lungl.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Blaylock

Be Well Always,

Bonder

Edited by - bonder on 04/20/2012 08:59:12
Go to Top of Page

vampire

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2012 :  21:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
on the vitamin c for bcc cancer i have had on my chest for years it itches and is red size of a nickel or a little bigger will this vitamin c work on it as i have had for so long? thank you
Go to Top of Page

Menoly

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2012 :  21:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am a 55 year old woman who has spent as much time in the sun as I could. I was diagnosed with a small basal on the bridge of my nose last week, and am to have moh's surgery next week, using a flap from my forehead to cover the debried area. After much reading I decided to give the vit-C regimine a shot.

I went to Walgreens looking for tablets or powder, and noticed Nature Made 500mg softgels (vit C in soybean oil). I decided to give them a try, thinking it might save me the trouble of making a paste, or taping a tablet to my nose. I snipped the tip off the top of the softgel and applied the rather lotion-like goo to the basil. I was now left with a still nearly full softgel and figuring it might not save well, and because I have other small spots that concern me, I decided to apply it to the rest of my face. It left no white residue, but did elicit the slight burning sensation I was expecting.

The next morning I looked in the mirror and was very surprized to see that the basil had leaked a black liquid (dried blood?) down the side of my nose, and that I had several other tiny black dots on my face. It was as if the basal cells had just exploded! In addition, my face was not as red as it is typically (I am one who's face is always red).

I have continued to use this "lotion" twice a day for two days. I must admit the burning is rather intense, and lasts about 20 min. but this seems a small price to pay. The flakey patches are sluffing off and my skin in general seems improved. Because it doesn't turn white and the soybean oil keeps it from drying out, I can put my sunscreen on right over it and get on with my day.

If things continue on this way, I may cancel my surgery! I'll let you know.
Go to Top of Page

bonder

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  11:21:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
vampire
"on the vitamin c for bcc cancer i have had on my chest for years it itches and is red size of a nickel or a little bigger will this vitamin c work on it as i have had for so long? thank you"

I'd say the odds are pretty good as long as UR not downing soda pop (even sugar-free) or eating fast food all the time. It has become pretty clear that I need to adjust my diet some if I want my immune system to recover enough to fight back at cancer...

http://www.healingcancernaturally.com/vitamin-c-cancer-treatment.html
http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2009/may2009_Revitalizing-Aging-Skin-with-Topical-Vitamin-C_01.htm

Be Well Always,
Bonder

Edited by - bonder on 04/19/2012 16:39:13
Go to Top of Page

vampire

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2012 :  19:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bonder thank you for the info on vitamin c and bcc

vampire
Go to Top of Page

dan

571 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  00:06:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Menoly, also thanks for the post! Breaking open a softgel of vitamin C would be perfect if it works. I am looking forward to any updates.
Go to Top of Page

bonder

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2012 :  09:34:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vampire, "Y.V.W.", the thing I had to learn the hard way was...
Regardless of if it is legal or illegal drugs, most people will have side-effects.
Sadly, most of the legal drugs that sneak up on us as adults to make us ill are inside of what we consume at the grocery or gas station.

And the worst part about it is that quite often it starts out because of what we beg our parents for from the television commercials !

There are national reports of higher increases in daily artificial sugar intakes than ever before along with obesity being at a sort of (epidemic)level for children. If you listen to Dr. Blaylock, it looks like much of it is because of what is happening to our brains...

I never knew until recently that treating the hypoglycemia for many alcoholics gave them almost(3)times the odds at sobriety than going to a well respected plan like (A.A.) according to studies that were done.

So, bottom line is our nutrition is crucial at recovery...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2963728494205235281

Be Well Always,

Bonder

Edited by - bonder on 04/20/2012 09:44:27
Go to Top of Page

wime

2 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  03:37:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a "patch" on my temple. I think it was either bcc or acinitic keratoses. I had the Dr look at it. He simply said keep an eye on it and come back if it grows. Its on my temple next to my hairline. It was slightly raised and basically flesh colored but it did seem to be possibly growing. It did start to seem itchy. Now that I no longer have insurance I took matters into my own hands and became my own vitamin c guinea pig. My husband thinks I'm crazy and I'm burning my face off. I at times have wondered that too... Also as a side note I have a relative who had a suspicious mole checked out the Dr insisted it was nothing to worry about but my uncle insisted to get a biopsy...turned out to be melanoma that spread...he's still alive but after radiation and surgery...still spreading...(any prayers are appreciated)

I am on I think day 5 or 6? I have applied ascorbic acid (vitamin c crystals from trader joes) with a little msm powder and water approximately 3-4 times a day (washing it off then reapplying). At first I didn't cover it but now I have been. After the first day it raised the patch and it became two bumps. Then the next day or so I was expecting a horn to grow out of it. It was raised and started to scab. I picked the scab which then made me look like I was shot in the head. Wont try that again. I kept reapplying and the bump grew larger. Then it slowly started to subside. I noticed a vein buldging from my forehead for a few days which has now gone down. My throat and ears were also itchy like I felt like I was getting sick. Maybe its non related idk.

Anyways. Whatever day I am on I have a multicolored scab but mainly yellow on a flat surface. No more devil horn. Although I am still treating it with vitamin c and am using a bandaid to cover it..my daughter's strawberry shortcake...I figured that was a little better than white crust. Ps By day 3 or 4 it started to hurt like hell. Its pretty sore now. I'm definitly ready to stop the application.

This will be my last application I think. I'm going to let it heal on its own starting in the morning and wait for the scab to fall off.
I will try to post my results whether positive or negative.
Go to Top of Page

bonder

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  07:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wime, glad to seeya !

The thing to remember here when trying to heal naturally is to summarize what a famous scientist once said....
"For every action, there is an opposite reaction" You may be experiencing what is called a "healing reaction"
http://www.cellhealthmakeover.com/understanding.html I have never bought anything here but, it explains this quite well.

I personally started with a few days of aches and pains along with sinus trouble and popping ears when I became serious about changing the nutrients inside of myself. I was about to go back and eat a hamburger until I told myself to hold on and look it up on the internet.

vitamin C is no candy tablet especially if it is in the crystal formation. If you look around on this site, you will find many folks talking about how things immediately looked worse right before they started to heal. But, I bet you have seen your cuts and bruises get (bigger) before they get smaller a lot over your past right?
Seems like a natural process. If you google vitamin C therapy I'll betcha it will be pretty hard to find a case that talks about overdosing from a topical application. If it were me and I knew I had a basal cell or squamous cell problem I'd want to catch it early rather than later.

I'm no doctor but, I needed to study cancer quite intensely and decided that I needed to take the pain for a while as well...

Be Well Always,

Bonder

Edited by - bonder on 04/22/2012 07:19:22
Go to Top of Page

waverider

50 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  11:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the dissolved TJ crystals in water better than the capsules containing liquid C in a soybean oil base. While soybean oil may provide a good medium for suspension, as well as for absorption in the digestive tract, I'm not sure it's the best thing for topical use when what you want to do is promote *penetration* down into the skin to the basal level. I like a high-octane concentration of water-dissolved crystals, immediately preceded and followed by a sloppy swab of DMSO. There's no question Vitamin C is skin cancer-toxic, the science is known and too many people have had success with it (including me, also on the bridge of my nose). However, if/when C doesn't work it is often attributed to failure to penetrate sufficiently. It's a fairly large molecule and applying it suspended in oil might further retard penetration. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by - waverider on 04/22/2012 12:01:25
Go to Top of Page

vampire

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  18:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks waverider i am having surgery 4 a couple bcc lesions on wed. thanks vampire
Go to Top of Page

wime

2 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2012 :  22:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
bonder
thanks for the link. I totally agree. These past few years I have slowly changed my eating habits to healthier choices (whole foods) I'm a Vegetarian but that doesn't necessarily mean healthy. I have also been switching to bath/beauty products containing less chemicals or as natural as possible. (Which is a HUGE transition for me). The past few months I have been taking 5000mg vitamin c and 5000mg msm powder total daily (morning/night) to detox my body. I have taken vitamin c in high doses previously but I think the msm powder helps allow my body to absorb more... I have noticed a huge difference in energy levels as well as breathing since I started the msm powder. I did go through some detox symptoms initially. What I find odd is that my breathing problems came back these past few days. Also slightly blurred vision and somewhat of a racing heart (which I have experienced before). For the past few years I felt shortness of breath-after childbirth really bad then it slightly subsided. Msm powder got rid of that within the first few days of taking it until now. I'm thinking of slightly up-ing the dose... I also wonder if treating this "lesion" has kicked my thyroid into overdrive and maybe I have an underlying hyperactive thyroid condition. I don't think its anxiety but who knows. Or maybe my body is using everything it has to try and cure this so there's a shortage somewhere else?.. Anyways, I agree that there needs to be an overall approach to healing. I think our bodies are bombarded with toxins its no wonder so many experience degenerating health. Can't just pop a vitamin pill and live on Cheetos. Then take meds just to cover "symptoms" :)

waverider- Re the soybean oil...I also wonder since 90% of soy products are GMO's and our bodies could try to reject these foreign man-made substances/dna change whatever you call it..maybe it could also play a part in hindering the vitamin c's job?...
Go to Top of Page

Rafinjax

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  19:55:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waverider

I like the dissolved TJ crystals in water better than the capsules containing liquid C in a soybean oil base. While soybean oil may provide a good medium for suspension, as well as for absorption in the digestive tract, I'm not sure it's the best thing for topical use when what you want to do is promote *penetration* down into the skin to the basal level. I like a high-octane concentration of water-dissolved crystals, immediately preceded and followed by a sloppy swab of DMSO. There's no question Vitamin C is skin cancer-toxic, the science is known and too many people have had success with it (including me, also on the bridge of my nose). However, if/when C doesn't work it is often attributed to failure to penetrate sufficiently. It's a fairly large molecule and applying it suspended in oil might further retard penetration. Just my 2 cents.

I was diagnosed with BCC on my back and was scheduled for removal 3 weeks later. I used solution saturated sodium adsorbate in a 1oz bottle. I tapped it to prevent sunlight since it is photosensitive. I added 5 drops DMSO to the mix. Applied throughout the day. When I went to the dermatologist for removal he could not find it. He knows I do CAM and said good job, but did not care to know the details, he probably already knows. I use it for Actinic keratosis also.

My daughter has a BCC on her forehead that has a reoccurring black scab. Since using the above formula the scab has not been falling off except when rubbed off by accident. It is taking longer with her and I did not put DMSO in her mix due to her being pregnant. I need to take photos of hers and trck its progress.
Go to Top of Page

HereIsHelp

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  07:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
REGARDING DEBRIDEMENT OF SCABROUS TISSUE

I am a registered nurse who has worked with a Dermatologist. Here is what I recommend regarding removal of scabs during this process:

First, know that avoiding scabrous tissue formation is by far the best in order to avoid scarring of the healed, healthy flesh. This is accomplished by keeping the treated area moist at all times or as much as humanly possible. This also increases the efficacy of the Vit. C treatment, too. GENTLY removing a soft, moist, loose scab is fine.

Black or gray tissue is necrotic (dead cancerous tissue) and should be removed immediately as it contains toxins that can affect the emerging healthy tissue.

If a scab is really hard, dry and firmly attached, I would not recommend pulling it off. Rather soften the area with long, warm soaks and continue with the Vit. C under a bandage keeping the area moist. Be patient, the scab will soften in a couple of days, max. I would recommend using 4" x 4" gauze cut and folded in half and apply to the treated area with a 1/8" perimeter to ensure that underlying undetected cancer is being reached. A double piece of gauze slows down evaporation and thus requires less frequent moistening.

Your local drugstore has albeit somewhat costly occlusive dressings that are very effective at sealing the treated area and thus locking in the moisture for a longer period of time. You may get away with saturating the gauze once a day with this type of dressing. Ask the pharmacist where to find it if you do not see it on the wound care isle.

Lastly, I would not use apple cider vinegar or H2O2 topical dressings as both will increase scabbing and it may be overkill because Vitamin C is already proven to cause tumor necrosis. Antibiotic ointments should not be necessary, either. Bacteria cannot grow in a highly acidic environment like ascorbic acid. Applying aloe or a purified petroleum based product like aquafor to the site is a fantastic idea. Most Dermatologists do not recommend antibiotic ointment application after removal of cancerous or pre-cancerous lesions anymore.

One word at making your vitamin C paste. Great if you can get a high enough concentration. However, if you are not seeing a good response, it is likely too weak. In that case, I would recommend buying 20% Vitamin C serum. It is not cheap but it goes a long way as one is typically using a couple of drops. Also, it is oil based so it doesn't evaporate as quickly and is great to apply to the skin to prevent skin cancer because it stops free radical damage that leads to cancer and wrinkles, too. It also is a potent anti-viral rapidly killing cold sores and HPV lesions.

Hope this helps!

Go to Top of Page

busymom

14 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  20:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I apologize that it has been so long since I've posted an update on my forehead condition. But, I do want anyone reading this to know that it turned out very well. :-)

I did the Vit. C paste (vit. c powder mixed with aloe vera gel) on and off for about 2 weeks. When a scab would develop, I would let it scab, pick it off when it flaked, and then start reapplying the Vit. C paste again. I had read on a different forum on this site about using orange oil to possibly help detect if there was still any cancer there, so I headed to the health food store and purchased some orange oil. I applied it and nothing happened. No burning or stinging. It actually helped heal the area, so that was good.

After "testing" the area with the orange oil and not having any stinging, I decided to let it heal up and see how it was. So, after about 2 weeks, I let it heal. That only took a view days and the scab was getting smaller and smaller, until only the tiny little center was left. I did start putting vit. E oil and aloe vera on it to help with healing and scarring. After a few more days, the little center scab came off and that was it. There was a scar there, about the size of a dime maybe, and I did feel inclined to wear my hair with my bangs down on my forehead instead of combed over to the side. :-)

So, the whole process was done in about a month and I canceled the dermatologist appt. because there was absolutely NOTHING for him to see except slight scarring. I didn't want to spend the money, and I figure he would have thought I was nuts anyway. LOL!!

Using the vit. E oil and aloe vera for about a month longer took care of the slight scarring and now my forehead looks totally normal, just like it did before I ever even got the cancer spot. My skin is perfectly smooth and all scarring has vanished. I have tested several times with the orange oil and it never stings or burns, so I am hoping that is a good indication that I did get all of the cancer and it's all done. My friends have been amazed, and I am as well.

I appreciate this website and I want to say a HUGE "thank you!!" to everyone who has shared their experiences and made it possible for me, as well as others, to find a natural treatment to help ourselves. I know this may not work for everyone because we are all different, but I am blessed that it was even an option and that it did work in my case. As someone posted earlier that she was her own guina pig, I agree. :-) I would rather be my own guina pig.

I did get some petty spurge seeds, but I am waiting until cooler weather to plant them. It is soooo HOT here in Alabama and I don't want them to die before they get a chance to sprout. I will notify everyone at some point if they grow well this winter and I will hopefully have some seeds to share. :-)

@ HereIsHelp - Thanks for your info about the scabbing issue. I kind of muddled through it with limited knowledge, but I think it turns out I did right, according to what you have posted. Your info and wisdom as a nurse who worked for a dermatologist is very helpful.

Thanks again to everyone for all of the great information posted here.

Karen

Go to Top of Page

anivoc

527 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  20:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen wow! Congratulations... now the big question...did you document with pictures? If you did please post before and afters and in between's if you have them.it really helps provide "proof of the pudding"
Go to Top of Page

busymom

14 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  23:57:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
@ Anivoc -- Yes! I actually did take pictures. Not a whole lot, but some. I had intended to do it every day, but I wasn't that diligent. Anyway, I'm with you -- I like to see pics, too, because it just helps to really "see" what's it's all about and to be sure the testimony is real. However. the pics were on my daughter's camera and she dropped her camera in the pool a while back. But maybe she had taken them off before she drowned it. :-( I can't believe I forgot to ask her. I will check with her tomorrow and post back, either with pics or with the sad news they they aren't available. Somehow, I now feel like I'm giving the excuse that "the dog ate my homework!!" LOL!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Skin Cancer Forum © 2013 www.topicalinfo.org Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

Disclaimer: The three most common types of skin cancer are basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. While melanoma is the most dangerous type, keep in mind that any cancer and potentially some cancer treatments can cause injury or death. The various views expressed in these public forums should not be considered as medical advice. See your qualified health-care professional for medical attention, advice, diagnosis, and treatments.