Skin Cancer Forum
Skin Cancer Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Skin Cancer Forums at
 Skin cancer prevention strategies
 Need Insight On UV Protective Clothes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  


1 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2013 :  06:44:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi! I am Claudia a Master Degree Design student at the College Of Fine Arts, University of New South Wales in Australia and am currently working on a research project that looks at skin cancer and its issues and its implications in terms of design. In looking at this, I am hoping to be able to redesign clothing that is sun protective active wear for swim and sport and would love to have any insights or suggestions on how I might be able to develop my design further. I would love to have any information or insight on what special protective wear is being used by people diagnosed with skin cancer or if there is any and how this works? Is there a good way of getting ultimate UV protection with clothing and if this is able to prevent skin cancer? I hope this information request is not inappropriate on this forum, but there isn't much information on this topic on websites or blogs and since I live in Australia which has the highest skin cancer incidence rates, I believe that researching into this subject is very important. So if anyone has any good suggestions or information relating to this topic, that would be great!

Thanks in advance,

  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Skin Cancer Forum © 2013 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

Disclaimer: The three most common types of skin cancer are basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. While melanoma is the most dangerous type, keep in mind that any cancer and potentially some cancer treatments can cause injury or death. The various views expressed in these public forums should not be considered as medical advice. See your qualified health-care professional for medical attention, advice, diagnosis, and treatments.