Skin Cancer Forum
Skin Cancer Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Skin Cancer Forums at
 Skin disorders and general health topics
 advice needed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  


1 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2013 :  10:59:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have this mole on my back its quite large its under my bra strap advice needed

Image Insert:

68.39 KB


668 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2013 :  16:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it looks like a mole....but we are just lay people here...

In my experience, Non melanoma skin cancers generally don't start with a mole...
melanomas can but they are usually darker and with irregular edges and may start to bleed...and can seem to be fast growing... that said my wife has had moles in weird places that were not irregular in shape that did get scratched and bled for a day or so but were not melanoma...

If you have had this mole for a long time and it doesn't bother you other than aesthetics, it is probably just a mole...If it just appeared recently, seems to be growing fast , is itchy or has bled...get it checked out by a "qualified" dermatologist that you check out well before going to see...

For every good one there are several not so good, 50% of them graduated in the bottom half of their class and the ones who graduated at the very bottom of the class are still allowed to call themselves a doctor..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Skin Cancer Forum © 2013 Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

Disclaimer: The three most common types of skin cancer are basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma, and melanoma. While melanoma is the most dangerous type, keep in mind that any cancer and potentially some cancer treatments can cause injury or death. The various views expressed in these public forums should not be considered as medical advice. See your qualified health-care professional for medical attention, advice, diagnosis, and treatments.